View My Stats

Friday, September 3, 2010

Sonofabitch made me cry . . .

That Kent Ballard!

We are running another of his masterfully told stories as next week's cover story in The Paper.


As I was reading and editing the story I found tears were streaming down my cheeks.

That rascal!

He can make you cry one moment then turn right around and write another story that will have you howling with laughter.

"The Last Flight" is the story of reuniting an old aviator with his plane. That's all I'm gonna tell you. You'll have to wait for the rest.

Can't wait to take this story to the printer and get the paper out on the street. I have a hunch there will be a few extra boxes of Kleenex used up next week.

Very, very well done! What a writer!

We seem to be developing a stable of superb writers. Kent Ballard, Frederick Gomez, Claudia Aragon, new restaurant reviewer Terri Lyn Jones . . . all of whom seem to have that special talent of telling fascinating stories.

If you don't already read The Paper regularly, you are missing out on a whole lot of good stuff.

A word to the wise and all that . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment