View My Stats

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fixing the Economy

Good idea . . . one light bulb at a time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one
grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a
billion of them would . With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously
written by a good American .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowe 's the other day for
some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose
attachments . They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace
Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there .
They were made in USA .

Start looking.

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects
someone else - even their job . So, after reading this email, I think this
lady is on the right track . Let's get behind her!
My grandson likes Hershey 's candy . I noticed, though, that it is marked
made in Mexico now . I do not buy it any more . My favorite toothpaste
Colgate is made in Mexico now . I have switched to Crest . You have to
read the labels on everything .

This past weekend I was at Kroger. (Can be true for any store.) I needed
60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle,
and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled,
"Everyday Value . " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the
stats - they were the same except for the price . The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio . So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here .

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . . . yep, you guessed it,
Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for
everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job
you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so
we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying
from overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago . . . . . . )
Let's get with the program . . . . help our fellow Americans keep their jobs
and create more jobs here in the U . S . A .

No comments:

Post a Comment