View My Stats

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Surprise Concert at Macy's . . .

I don’t know . . . I guess I’m just getting to be a soft-hearted old geezer.

I find my eyes well up with tears more and more often. Sometimes at the simplest of things.

Like this video of the Hallelujah chorus at Macy’s in Philadelphia.

Now, bear in mind, I’m not a Christian. I’m one of those crotchety old heathens. No time nor inclination for organized religion. But I do love beautiful things and beautiful people and beautiful animals . . . and, well, most anything that is beautiful will touch me.

And the tears come more quickly and easily than before.

As I watched and listened to this . . . the tears welled up and began to trace little paths down these ancient, leathery cheeks.

When I see my puppy romping in the yard, or basking in the sun . . . even a little thing like that can set the tears to form . . . perhaps I’m remembering other puppies . . . perhaps I’m remembering my childhood . . . or the childhood of my children. Perhaps I’m aware that this moment of beauty is something I should cherish . . . that, as I come into the autumn of my years, I, more and more often, realize that one day I will no longer be able to enjoy these sights.

All the more reason to cherish them.

Here . . . watch, listen, enjoy. And, if it touches you, go ahead and shed a tear.

Good for the soul. Or so they say.

http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2010/11/awesome-pop-up-hallelujah-chorus-at.html

No comments:

Post a Comment