These laws stopping birthright citizenship are long overdue. We must stop giving illegal alien babies free U.S. Citizenship. Its unconstitutional and its wrong. Tomorrow that effort begins thanks to some great state legislators who are taking strong action to protect the citizens of their states.
The press conference will be led by Pennsylvania State Representative Daryl Metcalfe. Metcalfe will be on Fox & Friends at 6:15 am ET tomorrow.
40 States working together to stop illegal immigration
TOP 5 REASONS THE U.S. MUST END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP IN 2011
1. The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was never meant to bestow automatic U.S. citizenship upon the children of illegal aliens and citizens of foreign countries. The current practice of giving U.S. citizenship to illegal alien babies is unconstitutional and illegal and must be stopped by Congress and/or the states.
2. The United States is the last remaining developed nation in the world (along with Canada) that still gives citizenship to babies born of Illegal Aliens and foreign citizens. All other first-world countries have stopped this ridiculous practice for obvious reasons.
3. Anchor Babies are really welfare babies, allowing illegal alien parents to apply for and receive welfare, healthcare, and other U.S. social benefits which can amount to thousands of dollars in "free" money each month for the alien parents, paid for by U.S. taxpayers and costing us many billions of dollars per year.
4. Mainly Mexico, but China, and other countries too are abusing the anchor baby loophole by encouraging their female citizens to give birth in the U.S. Birth Tourism has become a billion dollar industry due to our lax laws. Over half a million anchor babies are born in the U.S. each year. This practice must stop immediately. These babies are citizens of the country of their parents, period.
5. Mexico grants automatic Mexican citizenship to all babies born in the U.S. and anywhere outside Mexico. These babies already have citizenship, Mexican citizenship, and should not be given free U.S. citizenship. The U.S. Government has created millions of new dual citizens who have strong loyalties to Mexico, most of whom will grow up Mexican even though they live in the U.S. This violates the letter and the spirit of U.S. Citizenship laws and oaths, which require loyalty only to the U.S. as a condition of acquiring and maintaining U.S. Citizenship.
More arguments for stopping birthright citizenship by Numbers USA:
Also, HR 1868 in the House needs to be voted on ASAP. It should pass overwhelmingly now. Its a no-brainer. There are absolutely no good reasons to keep giving anchor baby citizenship to millions of illegal aliens.