I've had several friends die from ovarian cancer. Most of them had had all of these symptoms starting but weren't diagnosed with the cancer until too late. Getting tested EARLY is a real secret to this cancer as you will read below.
The good news is, I've had at least two good friend BEAT ovarian cancer because they caught it early.
Ovarian Cancer Whispers - so listen carefully . .
Watch for Pelvic or abdominal pain or discomfort;
· vague but persistent gastrointestinal upsets such as gas, nausea, and indigestion
· frequency and/or urgency of urination in the absence of an infection;
· unexplained weight gain or weight loss
· pelvic and/or abdominal swelling, bloating and/or feeling of fullness;
· ongoing unusual fatigue;
· unexplained changes in bowel habits.
If symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks, ask your doctor for a combination pelvic/rectal exam, CA-125 blood test, and trans-vaginal ultrasound.
A pap test WILL NOT detect ovarian cancer.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS AND KEEP EDUCATING THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE!