View My Stats

Monday, December 20, 2010

This is Refreshing!

Ever wonder just who all those minor characters were, who populated western after western with few lines and a familiar face?

Well, the clip has pictures and names -- so after 50 or so years -- say "Howdy" to some of those general store, saloon keeper, blacksmith mini-heroes from your youth.

Just click on Those Old Westerns and enjoy --

Those Old Westerns http://oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

(I’ve seen this video before but always enjoy seeing and hearing it again. One, I love the Statler Brothers and really regret they no longer tour or record; two, most of these celebrities were around when I was just a young fella (about two or three years ago).

One wakeup call – have your calculator and a paper and pencil ready. Jot down the birth dates and death dates of the celebrities and take note of how young many of them were when the died. I have outlived a number of them, many of us have. A few, like Jimmy Stewart, lived to about 89 years . . . but many dies in their 50’s and 60’s.

That tells me we’re on the downward slide of our life. Why, the way I figure it, I only have about 2/3rds of my life left to go!

Enjoy the show!



lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment